Dear Parents, Guardians and Students,
It is my pleasure to welcome you to Gateway to Graduation Academy. The teachers and staff join me in saying we are pleased to have you as part of our school family. We know this will be a successful and satisfying year for you. One of our biggest goals for the year is to help your child feel successful and achieve academic excellence. By working together as parents and educators, we can build a foundation or lifelong learning. At Gateway to Graduation Academy we take pride in our relationships with parents, and see you as a partner in the important job of educating the children of this community. High standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance, co-curricular participation, and responsible citizenship are the foundation of our school. We welcome your participation and support during the school year. Below are our beliefs regarding teaching and learning that we developed as part of this process.
We believe that effective teachers:
- Create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking, collaboration, problem-solving, and application of classroom learning to real life situations;
- Implement strategies that promote ownership of learning to students;
- Design instruction to integrate a variety of innovative technological tools and resources to enhance learning;
- Demonstrate ongoing professional growth in order to increase the quality of instruction;
- Collaborate with colleagues to share and discuss exemplary practices, interpret student performance data, and design assessments that promote twenty-first century skills.
We believe that successful students:
- Communicate in a meaningful way for a variety of purposes and audiences;
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to the precision and nuances of written, visual, and aural medium through comprehension, interpretation, and evaluation;
- Employ critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems; and
- Pose questions, examine possibilities, and apply skills to find solutions to authentic issues.
- Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness; and
- Contribute to the local and global community in a collaborative and respectful manner
In conclusion, I wish you all a wonderful school year. We look forward to celebrating with you the achievements of our students. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org also, I am honored to serve as your principal.